flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject Re: how to run Flex app programmatically?
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2015 14:51:11 GMT
Thanks Tom,

> submit the POST yourself :
>http://flex.apache.org/asdoc/mx/rpc/http/HTTPService.html

I guess the issue is my application needs to submit the post, because it has to be running
to receive the reply from the post, and continue further processing. The customer's manufacturing
code cannot issue this post since it has no idea what to do with the returned data, etc.

So I'd need a way for the customer's code to start a flex application and login. After that,
the application will do what it needs to do, then logout.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Tom Chiverton" <tc@extravision.com>
To: users@flex.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2015 7:35:23 AM
Subject: Re: how to run Flex app programmatically?

If you just need to go to a web site and submit a form, the best thing
to do is submit the POST yourself :
http://flex.apache.org/asdoc/mx/rpc/http/HTTPService.html

But it all depends what else you need to send (such as cookie) and if
there really are not other steps to take once the form is submitted.

Tom

On 02/07/15 14:33, modjklist@comcast.net wrote:
> Regarding Flex for desktop web app, I'd like to make an application that can be launched/run
programmatically by a computing language (for example C+, or java, python, etc), where the
program submits login credentials, then the application will run as its intended.

> This isn't for testing purposes (e.g. Flex Monkey, etc.). The idea would be to replace
a human from clicking to go to a website, then providing login credentials. The application
would need to be run daily, and I'm trying to automate the process to make it easier for customers
by integrating this task into their existing production code base.

> There's a lot of info out there about automatically submitting forms on websites written
in HTML or Javascript. Thought maybe someone had advice about this in Flex app.