flex-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Weir <mattcomm...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Flex/Flash Viable still?
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 14:20:12 GMT
I remember back in the late 90's Javascript was branded as evil and insecure... then they relabeled
it HTML5 :)

I move that we relabel flashplayer to HTML6.
Bam!

     On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 10:16 AM, "flex@dfguy.us" <flex@dfguy.us> wrote:

 I'd say it's better than it's ever been because of the continued work on it by Adobe which
has still been adding more features. I've had to do a whole lot more html5 work since 2011
because of the perception and I'm amazed by the fact that all of the JavaScript frameworks
are basically just meant to try to replicate what Flex has always been able to do. I follow
this community closely and participate because I have always loved doing work in the platform
because there is just so much there and it is so capable.

That's really why there are security updates every few months, because it almost like it's
own operating system in terms of features. So I think of this kind of thing like I would for
OS X or Windows updates. Adobe also seems to be very fast about this stuff.

What I've also noticed is that there are a small number of websites that have always attacked
Flash and will trumpet this stuff like crazy. I still can't believe the extent that a lot
of Apple people became so religious about going after Flash and talking up html5 apparently
for some sort of ideological reason (proprietary yada yada).

My understanding is that these updates actually roll out very fast and in very high numbers
when they do. Plus I think they are rolled into some of the browsers now too so it's probably
automatic.

David