flex-users mailing list archives

From phil gottfried <p...@rwcdigitalgraphics.com>
Subject Re: A script has executed for longer than ....
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2015 17:35:50 GMT
I am a bit confused by this thread.

Is the timeout from a server or is that actionscript causing the timeout.

Did the server code actually execute or is there a 2032 error?

I have never seen an actionscript statement timeout, only calls to servers. ie a fault response

If your remote data is causing a timeout, it is because the server had not finished.

There are three options I have used.

1. compress the response with gzip.

2. post the request and write the data to a file on the server and then in the response indicate
the location to download with urlstream load command and its progress and complete functions.

3.  use a post/response where
	a. post the initial request
	b. get response with the data and a flag for the a state like start,more,last.
	c. when response is start, initialize data from response, post more request.
	d. when response is more, accumulate data from response, post more request.
	e. when response is last, finalize data from response,

I found that on the server side, it can be faster to compress the xml response instead of
an serialized AMF response.
It really depends on the code on the server that performs serialization.  My testing was done
using AMFPHP, so a native application for the AMF on the server would be fastest.

Phil Gottfried
Art Director
RWC Digital Graphics
2920 Edith Lane