flex-users mailing list archives

From Marcus Fritze <marcus.fri...@googlemail.com>
Subject Maps in Flex: MapQuest retirement of Flash Maps API and Mobile Flash Maps API in near future
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 09:44:51 GMT
Hi Flex users,

I will share an info I received from MapQuest:

MapQuest wrote me in May:

"One word of caution; we're getting ready to announce the retirement of our Flash Maps API
and Mobile Flash Maps API (both Enterprise Edition and Free & Open equivalents) due to
a declining user base.  The announcement will be made within the next month and the product
will be fully retired within the next 12-18 months, so you may want to reconsider the use
of the API.

[..]

We haven't officially posted a retirement announcement at this point, but you can share with
with the Apache Flex User mailing list if you would like to do so.  The announcement will
likely be made mid-June and at that point the retirement will be official and timeline will
be in effect. "

So this shouldn’t be used for (new) projects anymore. So it’s the best way to wait for
flexJS with Google Maps. ;-)

Thanks.

Marcus