flex-users mailing list archives

From olegkon <oleg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding JS graph to Flex project
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 18:43:17 GMT
I got a workaround, so I no longer need to convert in JSON object within
object.

Still have a few related problems:
1) So I call
var retObj:Object = ExternalInterface.call("drawGraph", jsonStr, 2);
in JS drawGraph() returns a string:
return "someResult";

But for some reason I am getting retObj=null;   Any idea why?
I would like to display that drawn graph in iFrame:
<flexiframe:IFrame id="iFrameBySource"
			width="100%" height="100%"
			source="js/webpage.html"/>
So if not null, I would like to refresh that HTML page to show the graph.
How?

2) As I said, in FB4.5.1 I try to use Flex4.6 for native JSON,
but debugger still can't find any Flex source code.  How to make that work?

3) in JSON conversion I do:  var jsonStr:String = JSON.stringify(resArray,
deflate);
in deflate I do:
return( key == "constvalue" ||
	key == "children" ||  ...	// no children (dependencies).
	) ? undefined : value;
It works on exclusion - these params will be excluded, so I only convert
useful columns to JSON,
but in my case it would be much more efficient to include, not exclude.
Tried to reverse that return to:
return( key == "goodparam1" ||
	key == "goodparam2" ||  ...	// no children (dependencies).
	) ? value : undefined;   but if fails, for some reason getting first "" or
null's.
I do not have any null objects in resultset array.
Any idea how to resolve that?

Hope I am not overloading that post with 3 problems.
:-)