flex-users mailing list archives

From Deepak MS <megharajdee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Filtering ArrayCollection using RegExp
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 03:50:47 GMT
'A' here would be dynamic. It actually can be anything which user enters in
the search text input. Based on your suggestion, I tried this code, still
not getting it right:
if(tiSearch.text.indexOf('*') > -1)
                    {
                            var searchText:String = tiSearch.text.slice(0,
tiSearch.text.length - 1);
                            dataLoader.atcDetailsList.filterFunction =
function wildCardfilterATCs(item:Object):Boolean
                            {
                                var regExp:RegExp = new RegExp(searchText,
searchText+".*"); //searchText = 'A'
                                return regExp.test( item['AtcDesc'] );
                            }
                    }

If I enter 'A*' it shows me all the items which has 'A' in it irrespective
of it's location within the item.