flex-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Re : Re: Chrome for debugging
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2015 13:28:33 GMT
That allows you to work with another profile / window without interfere with your existing
profile, the one you are potentionally using every day, useful for example if you personally
use chrome with a connection to your google profile and want a new fresh profile for testing
debugging your app, want to use the NPAPI plugin only when debugging instead of the every
day PPAPI

You could use another name than Dev indeed, chrome will create a folder in your user directory
to store the settings relative to this profile.

Google is your friend for more details on Chrome :-)

HTH,
Frédéric THOMAS

> Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 08:09:32 -0500
> Subject: Re: Re : Re: Chrome for debugging
> From: markzolotoy@gmail.com
> To: users@flex.apache.org
>
> Thanks for the info. Can you please explain what would profile-directory="Dev"
> do?
>

> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 4:29 AM, Frédéric THOMAS <webdoublefx@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > I was with my phone only before and my tweet was showing a image captured
> > on my desktop setting what you want from IntelliJ, not easy to copy /
> > paste, especially here.
> >
> > Anyway, generally, for debugging you will want to do it on another Chrome
> > profile/ window and avoid the script execution timeout checking, I don't
> > know what IDE you are using for development so, I give you the command line
> > on Windows:
> >
> > "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
> > --profile-directory="Dev" --disable-hang-monitor
> >
> > Might be something like this on MAC:
> >
> > open -a "Google Chrome" --args --profile-directory="Dev"
> > --disable-hang-monitor
> >
> > And for Linux:
> >
> > google-chrome --profile-directory="Dev" --disable-hang-monitor
> >
> > HTH,
> > Frédéric THOMAS
> >
> > > Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 06:15:38 -0500
> > > Subject: Re: Re : Re: Chrome for debugging