flex-users mailing list archives

From <KSa...@loftware.com>
Subject RE: Flex BlazeDS RemoteObject HttpHeader
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2015 13:02:01 GMT
Hi,

I had to do something like that a couple years ago, but with GraniteDS.  Basically I had to
send the locale of the user to the server so any error messages they might receive from the
server would be in the correct language.  I was able to add a new property to the token’s
message.headers object.  On the server side I was able to get the granite context and access
the header with my property on it.  We ended up storing it as an attribute on the session,
but you can do what you like.

Client side where login occurs
public function doLogin(user:String, pwd:String, locale:String,  channelSet:ChannelSet = null):void{
       var token:AsyncToken = null;

token = RemoteObject(service).channelSet.login(user,pwd);

       // Adding locale to headers so the server
       // can access the user's locale.
       // Adding the locale to the CommandMessage's headers map.
       token.message.headers[“com.foo.locale”] = locale;
       token.addResponder(responder);
}

Server side where login occurs
@Override
public void login(Object credentials, String charset) throws SecurityServiceException {

HttpGraniteContext graniteContext = (HttpGraniteContext)GraniteContext.getCurrentInstance();
       String locale = (String)graniteContext.getAMFContext().getRequest().getHeader(LOCALE_HEADER);

}

Keegan Sands
Technical Lead