flex-users mailing list archives

From Paul Hastings <paul.hasti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NPAPI deprecation
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 23:34:16 GMT
On 4/20/2015 5:40 AM, OmPrakash Muppirala wrote:

> A PPAPI  based debug Flash Player was recently released.  Here is a link to

my experience with it is that it doesn't work very well (quite often, not at
all). crashes constantly & it freezes pretty much 100% when debugging a module.
i've had to switch to firefox for debugging :-(

the non-debug pepper flash works well enough.

btw turning NPAPI off also broke my garmin bike GPS's ability to upload rides to
some sites, their "communicator" plugin was NPAPI. i "donate" my rides to a
charity (mthey find businesses that will donate money to charities based on your
mileage/time) & the charity's site relies on that plugin to upload ride data. it
seems they were caught by surprise, as they are scrambling to come up w/a
workaround (which seems to be "ditch the browser completely"). i'm not a happy
camper.