flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject Re: s:VideoDisplay problem on Flex 4.14
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2015 21:49:59 GMT
Angelo, have you seen this bug?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33856

I've been using 4.12 with spark videoplayer and observed the same issue (audio works fine,
but black video).

Using FireFox at least, simply adding

OSMFSettings.enableStageVideo = false ;

to the main application container's creationComplete event solved it. I haven't checked all
browsers though.

To attempt to fix for all browsers (assuming something may still be broken), I also added

backgroundAlpha=" 0 "

to the application container as instructed in the link above.

Could anyone tell me if that is sufficient, or do I need to also change wmode in the HTML
wrapper as well as create a custom skin for videoplayer?

The link above says to set wmode to true, but it appears the only possible settings are "window",
"transparent", and "opaque". So, I'm not sure how to address that.