flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject Re: can Spark VideoPlayer access youtube or vimeo stored videos?
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2015 18:20:09 GMT
After some research, I understand vimeo pro account allows you to access the url where they
store the video, so that will allow me to use video hosting with flex applications using spark
VideoPlayer. That's the only solution I've found so far.

----- Original Message -----

From: modjklist@comcast.net
To: "apache users" <users@flex.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 12:44:31 PM
Subject: can Spark VideoPlayer access youtube or vimeo stored videos?

I'm currently using Spark VideoPlayer in my web app to play a video hosted on my website.

However, I'm concerned with my server's bandwidth if I host a lot of videos this way. Would
like to move my videos to a 3rd party to host them for this reason.

However, is it possible for the VideoPlayer to access a video hosted on youtube or vimeo,
for example?

The embed code provided by the 3rd party includes a URL. Is it as simple as replacing my server's
URL with the 3rd party URL? Or, is it more complicated, or not possible?

I only want users of the web app to be able to see the video (since they signed the terms
of service agreement for the app), and no one else, that's why I'm playing the video inside
the web app (e.g. not available to the public).