flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject can Spark VideoPlayer access youtube or vimeo stored videos?
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 19:44:31 GMT
I'm currently using Spark VideoPlayer in my web app to play a video hosted on my website.

However, I'm concerned with my server's bandwidth if I host a lot of videos this way. Would
like to move my videos to a 3rd party to host them for this reason.

However, is it possible for the VideoPlayer to access a video hosted on youtube or vimeo,
for example?

The embed code provided by the 3rd party includes a URL. Is it as simple as replacing my server's
URL with the 3rd party URL? Or, is it more complicated, or not possible?

I only want users of the web app to be able to see the video (since they signed the terms
of service agreement for the app), and no one else, that's why I'm playing the video inside
the web app (e.g. not available to the public).