flex-users mailing list archives

From Scott Matheson <smathe...@intralinks.com>
Subject Re: Flash to Air
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 07:15:39 GMT
Jeffrey. When you a at library project is this a standard project? Or some sort of special
 definition

Sent from my iPad

> On 2 Mar 2015, at 23:43, Jeffry Houser <jeffry@dot-com-it.com> wrote:
>

> Under the assumption that there will be differences between an AIR app and the web version;
I like to put as much as possible in a library project.  Then I can override / tweak files
as needed.

> If all else is the same; the you can just have two different application files; one for
the Flex app (Application) and one for the AIR App (WindowedApplication, I Think) that instantiate
your main view.

>> On 3/2/2015 10:57 AM, Subs wrote:
>> You should be able to publish as an AIR app without making any changes to your code.
>>
>> There are a few ways to handle publishing to multiple targets; its a matter of personal
preference (and which IDE you are using).

>> Easiest way (assuming you are using FB) is probably to create a new project for AIR
version - and in project properties->flex build path->source path, add folder to point
to src folder of your web project. Then you only need to maintain one set of code.

>>> On 02/03/2015 15:41, Scott Matheson wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>     I have just completed my first Flash / Web app and all is running well,
>>> I need to now build an AIR version of the same app, is there an recommend
>>> approach/efficient , do I simply have 2 version of the app, or do I just
>>> need a new AIR project and some how reference the code for the Flex projects
>>>
>>> I was looking at SRL but I cannot get my head round these, or do I just
>>> compile the full app as  a module  and build 2 starts, one for WEB ons for
>>> AIR and have both MAINĀ¹s load the same module
>>>
>>> I know for mobile you need to change some of the MXML code, with Air I
>>> assume all the code is the same
>>>
>>> Scott
>

> --
> Jeffry Houser
> Technical Entrepreneur
> http://www.jeffryhouser.com
> 203-379-0773

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.