flex-users mailing list archives

From Deepak MS <megharajdee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex AIR iPad App security concerns
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 10:40:18 GMT
Hi Tom,
Ok. This is how it's all setup:
Firstly db file gets downloaded on the device which is a password protected
zip file. I'm using ANEZipFile ANE to unzip this zip file(
https://github.com/xperiments/ANEZipFile) and I'm using unzip method from
it [ unzip(zipfile : File, destination : File, overwrite : Boolean = false,
password : String = "") : void;) ]

I need to pass the password while calling unzip method. Whether I pass a
variable to 'password' parameter here or even if I directly pass the
password value, it shows up in that console. Whether I store the password
in my code or whether I get it from a service from backend, ultimately I
need to pass it to this method and it might show up again on that console.
I'm not sure how else I can pass the password to unzip method. For that
matter, I reckon the tool can hack the native extension's code too?

That's one part and as you said, the db location is something like this
https://myserver.com/ipaddata/dbfile.zip . We can easily browse this and
download the zip file. We are not able to restrict it. If we restrict it we
get stream error in the app and app cannot download the file. ;( Hence I
wondered, if atleast password can be hidden, there can be some relief.

Hi Erik,
Thanks for the link. I'll give that too a try.