flex-users mailing list archives

From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Event order processing
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 22:22:34 GMT
On 3/4/2015 4:30 PM, Mark Line wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if someone could confirm something for me about event
> processing. I know if you two events are dispatched one after another, the
> second event will be dispatched only after all handlers of the first event
> are executed and the dispatchEvent method is returned.

  I did not think this was true.  Isn't Event dispatching a
multi-threaded process?

> Eg would Flex make sure the event handlers registered for my
> this.addEventListener(FlexEvent.CHANGE_START,
> eventTwoHandler) before return flow to the button1_clickHandler.

  No; Flex would not because event handlers would be triggered in
parallel.  There is no way to conclusively determine when an event
handler will fire in relation to other events or event handlers.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur