flex-users mailing list archives

From Tom Chiverton ...@extravision.com>
Subject Re: Flex AIR iPad App security concerns
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 09:28:39 GMT
On 04/03/15 09:16, H├ęctor A wrote:
> If this is about just looking for sensitive strings in the compiled binary
> then they could be stored obfuscted or maybe even as a simple array of
> bytes.
Possibly, but the next step after running strings is to check the
entropy of parts of the file. Bits with different amounts correspond to
code and data, and if I know I'm looking for a password...
So it depends if you are protecting against casual snoops, motived users
or companies, maybe even governments ? And is that .zip file worth much ?

Tom