flex-users mailing list archives

From chris_d_k ...@christiankiefer.de>
Subject What is the best way to have on demand scrolling in flex mobile views?
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 14:03:22 GMT
I want to add scrollbars to views only if this is necessary (need them on
iPhone 4 but not on 5 or higher).

What is the best and most performant way to achive this? My Views actually
have no skin.

What I did is to check in updateDisplayList if the content fits and if not:

            scroller = new Scroller();
            scroller.width = width;
            scroller.height = height;
            scrollingContainer = new Group();

            scrollingContainer.layout = new VerticalLayout();
            scrollingContainer.setStyle("horizontalAlign", "center");
            scrollingContainer.setStyle("gap", GAP_SIZE);
            scrollingContainer.setStyle("paddingTop", GAP_SIZE * 2);

            scrollingContainer.addElement(component1);
            scrollingContainer.addElement(component2);
            scrollingContainer.addElement(component3);

            addElement(scrollingContainer);

            scroller.viewport  = scrollingContainer;

            addElement(scroller);

Is there a better way?