flex-users mailing list archives

From chrismatheson <ch...@matheson.it>
Subject Re: [Work] Contract work adverts
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 10:49:16 GMT
Thanks Piotr,

Put simply, we are looking to add functional testing to our flex
application. We are quite happy to pay some money for the right tool, but
the commercial ones are pricing us out (very small team with only a
reasonable sized budget and certainly can't afford thousands of pounds every
year)

Its seems as though at some point in the past, this was possible with
selenium, but i have had no luck with this at all.

The contract would be broken down into sections (need to ok specific pricing
with team) but essentially into a set of deliverables ...

- updating / creating any open source project so that i can write selenium
tests in either javascript (node) or actionscript (if it simplified things a
ton i would consider learning a new lang but would rather not just for test
scripts)

- integration of above into our project with 1 example test (login or
something)

- implement a suite of functional tests for our product based of detailed
"how-to" guides etc from the team

Like i said above, i can't speak to specifics on the money front, but i can
say that our front runner of commercial software was around £9k and we were
considering this very seriously, even though it would have essentially only
covered points 1 & 2