flex-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: AW: [FlexMojos] Compatible Model Validator
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 09:46:22 GMT
FYI,
I improved it, so, it won't fail anymore.If included in the direct parent pom.xml, will be
installed at first build and used on next ones.if declared in the corporate pom.xml or if
you do like me, use parent which have their own lifecycles, will be used directly.
Btw, what about if I give it to Apache ?
Doing so, it will benefit of the CI which will install it in the Apache Maven repo and will
be available for anyone without having the burden to build it.

Thanks,
Frédéric THOMAS

> From: webdoublefx@hotmail.com
> To: users@flex.apache.org
> Subject: RE: AW: [FlexMojos] Compatible Model Validator
> Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 13:14:05 +0000
>
> Just added an auto install feature, you can now do:
>
> <build>
>     <extensions>
>         <extension>
>             <groupId>com.doublefx.maven.utils.flexmojos</groupId>
>             <artifactId>flexmojos-compatible-model-validator</artifactId>
>             <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>         </extension>
>     </extensions>
>     ...https://github.com/doublefx/flexmojos-compatible-model-validator
>
> Frédéric THOMAS
>
> > From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
> > To: users@flex.apache.org
> > Subject: AW: [FlexMojos] Compatible Model Validator
> > Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 21:52:00 +0000
> >
> > Unfortunately you will only prevent the warning messages. Still maven won't dresolve
the scopes correctly when it comes to transitive dependencies :-( rely shooting would make
it necessary do do greater changes in mavens inner workings. But it's still a lot better than
to have the errors all the time.

> > Chris
> >
> > Gesendet mit meinem HTC

before the build, for other kind of validations, you can still create your extension but no
needs to install it before the build, AFAIK you can simply add it inside the build.extensions
of your project  parent pom if the extension is an AbstractMavenLifeCycleParticipant and override
the public void afterProjectsRead( MavenSession session ) and I guess from here, with the
help of the MavenSession [1], you can have access to anything you need to do other kind of
validations or even other things.

> > Or I didn't get well your point :-)
> >
> > Frédéric THOMAS
> >
> > [1] http://maven.apache.org/ref/3.2.3/maven-core/apidocs/org/apache/maven/execution/MavenSession.html
> >
> > > From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
> > > To: users@flex.apache.org
> > > Subject: AW: [FlexMojos] Compatible Model Validator
> > > Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 19:16:59 +0000
> > >
> > > Well I was thinking of a logic integrated into maven that allows plugins to
contribute validators that he'll validating their own configuration. Unfortunately this is
only possible using a maven extension (actually exactly the extension point you used). I am
and was getting a lot of support questions which would actually be easy to validate automatically
but are hard to guide humans through ;-)

> > > Let's say the logic would go through the plugins in the build and check each
jar for validator logic an use this it found and have them validate their own configuration.

> > > Hope this explains what I was thinking of.
> > >
> > > Chris
> > >
> > > Gesendet mit meinem HTC

as a module and that extension could be extended to add features like rules and suggestions
regarding the plugin configuration ?

> > > Frédéric THOMAS

with rules and suggestions regarding the plugin configuration. If for example someone uses
deprecated config options or invalid ones, if someone uses bad practices etc.

the extension, what do you think ?

to release the lib. Copying would have to remain a manual task as I don't want to modify the
maven installation.

to your maven extension directory
ago but he deleted my posts on this topic and refused to add that to flexmojos.
But only if you're interested in this.
extension into the lib/ext folder as done in Wagon maven plugin [2]

extension is now configured. Please restart the build, and then it will be successful.")

extension which you have to deploy to your maven extension directory, our was there a maven
change that allows this as a plugin?

ago but he deleted my posts on this topic and refused to add that to flexmojos.

But only if you're interested in this.

to get rid of the Maven warnings regarding the custom scopes [1].