flex-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: AW: [FlexMojos] Compatible Model Validator
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 11:17:30 GMT
Btw, I added:

Remove warning when the scope "theme" is add to a dependency  and a "rsl" or "caching" scope
is already used for this artifact, now the raw validator doesn't complain if "groupId:artifactId:type:classifier:scope"
pattern is unique instead of "groupId:artifactId:type:classifier" as before in the FlexMojos
Compatible Model Validator.
To avoid this kind of warnings:[WARNING]
[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for com.domain.blabla:application:swf:version
[WARNING] 'dependencies.dependency.(groupId:artifactId:type:classifier)' must be unique: com.adobe.flex.framework:spark:swc
-> duplicate declaration of version ${flex.sdk.version} @ com.domain.blabla.builder:swf-builder:1.0-SNAPSHOT,
C:\Users\me\.m2\repository\path\builder\swf-builder\1.0-SNAPSHOT\swf-builder-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom,
line 341, column 21
[WARNING]
[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability
of your build.
[WARNING]
[WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed
projects.
[WARNING] Did I do it right ?Frédéric THOMAS

> From: webdoublefx@hotmail.com
> To: users@flex.apache.org
> Subject: RE: AW: [FlexMojos] Compatible Model Validator
> Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 09:58:11 +0000
>
> Actually, in the way I did it, it doesn't change the behavior of the existing goals,
only add a new one with does that copy-dependencies does but add support for Flex stuffs,
I've been in depth in order to don't change anything in what they currently do extending internal
maven classes as a start, hopping that way, it will be more easily accepted in case that works.

> Frédéric THOMAS
>
> > From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
> > To: users@flex.apache.org
> > Subject: AW: [FlexMojos] Compatible Model Validator
> > Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 09:45:57 +0000
> >
> > The maven guys week never accept any change if this sort with an official maven
plugin :-( have given up going that road. They're pretty stubborn when it comes to changes
for non-java projects :-(

> > Gesendet mit meinem HTC

some of the Maven internal classes to try to address that thru this plugin, my time is limited
and still have to implement the integration tests but in case it works with this plugin, I
thing it could with FM, let's see...

> > Frédéric THOMAS
> >
> > > From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
> > > To: users@flex.apache.org
> > > Subject: AW: [FlexMojos] Compatible Model Validator
> > > Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 09:24:14 +0000
> > >
> > > Well in order to address this issue I was planning on automatically processing
the dependencies in a flex project and to have flexmojos add direct rsl scoped deps for transitive
dependencies. Should make the copy rsl goal work correctly.

> > > Unfortunately my motivation investing my time in flex is currently at an all
time low. Perhaps I'll look into this during the Christmas holidays.

> > > Chris
> > >
> > > Gesendet mit meinem HTC

won't dresolve the scopes correctly when it comes to transitive dependencies :-( rely shooting
would make it necessary do do greater changes in mavens inner workings. But it's still a lot
better than to have the errors all the time.
> > > You're right, in more because my "builder" parent pom have their own lifecycles,
I can't rely on the copy-flex-resources goal to copy RSLs as it doesn't resolve (because it
can't) the RSLs but check directly in the poms, which is very bad when you have parameterized
 the merge, caching, rsl scopes, it finds only variables, thus, I wrote a groovy script which
look at the *-configs:xml dependencies and extract the rsls info from the them and copy them
to the "rsls" dir defined by the user, it seems a lot of work but it is not, moreover, at
compile time, I ask FM to generate a classifier for each environment I need to deploy to but
here again FM doesn't know how to manage custom classifiers and link-report, configs and size-report,
so, all in I had to rely on something else, this little groovy script for those interested
and the Maven conf after:
> > > import groovy.util.XmlSlurper
> > >
> > > import java.nio.file.Files;
> > >
> > > def destinationDirectory = new File(project.properties.rslDestination)
> > >
> > > if (!destinationDirectory.exists())
> > >     destinationDirectory.mkdir()
> > >
> > > project.dependencies.findAll{artifact -> artifact.getClassifier()== project.properties.configClassifier
&& artifact.getType()=='xml'}.each() {
> > >     def artifact = it;
> > >     println "Copying Flex resources for: " + artifact
> > >
> > >     def configFile = new File(settings.localRepository + File.separator +
> > >             artifact.groupId.replace(".", File.separator) + File.separator
+
> > >             artifact.artifactId + File.separator +
> > >             artifact.version + File.separator +
> > >             artifact.artifactId + "-" + artifact.version + "-" + project.properties.configClassifier
+ "." + artifact.type)

> > >     def root = new XmlSlurper().parse(configFile)
> > >
> > >     def rslPathNodes = root["runtime-shared-library-path"];
> > >
> > >     rslPathNodes.each() {
> > >         def rslPath = it["path-element"]
> > >         def rslUrl = it["rsl-url"][0]
> > >
> > >         def rslUrlString =  rslUrl.toString()
> > >         def ext = rslUrlString.substring(rslUrlString.lastIndexOf("."));
> > >
> > >         def originRslFile = new File(rslPath.toString().replace(".swc", ext));
> > >         def destinationRslFile = new File(project.properties.rslDestination
+ File.separator + originRslFile.getName())

> > >         if (!destinationRslFile.exists()) {
> > >             println "Copying RSL : " + originRslFile.getAbsolutePath() + "to
: " + destinationRslFile.getAbsolutePath()
> > >             Files.copy(originRslFile.toPath(), destinationRslFile.toPath())
> > >         } else println "Skiping RSL copy of : " + destinationRslFile.getAbsolutePath()
+ " [Already exist]"
> > >     }
> > > }
> > >     <plugin>
> > >         <groupId>org.codehaus.gmaven</groupId>
> > >         <artifactId>gmaven-plugin</artifactId>
> > >
> > >         <executions>
> > >             <execution>
> > >                 <id>copy-flex-resources</id>
> > >                 <phase>generate-resources</phase>
> > >                 <goals>
> > >                     <goal>execute</goal>
> > >                 </goals>
> > >                 <configuration>
> > >                     <properties>
> > >                         <rslDestination>${project.build.outputDirectory}/rsls</rslDestination>
> > >                         <configClassifier>${build.profile.id}-configs</configClassifier>
> > >                     </properties>
> > >                     <classpath>
> > >                         <element>
> > >                             <groupId>org.codehaus.groovy</groupId>
> > >                             <artifactId>groovy-xml</artifactId>
> > >                             <version>2.1.0-rc-2</version>
> > >                         </element>
> > >                     </classpath>
> > >                     <source>${pom.basedir}/src/main/script/copyFlexResources.groovy</source>
> > >                 </configuration>
> > >             </execution>
> > >         </executions>
> > >     </plugin>
> > >
> > > <dependencies>
> > >     <dependency>
> > >         <groupId>com.*.blabla</groupId>
> > >         <artifactId>Application</artifactId>
> > >         <type>xml</type>
> > >     </dependency>
> > >
> > >     <dependency>
> > >         <groupId>com.*blabla</groupId>        <artifactId>Module</artifactId>
       <type>xml</type>
> > >     </dependency>
> > > </dependencies>
> > >
> > > Frédéric THOMAS

won't dresolve the scopes correctly when it comes to transitive dependencies :-( rely shooting
would make it necessary do do greater changes in mavens inner workings. But it's still a lot
better than to have the errors all the time.

be install before the build, for other kind of validations, you can still create your extension
but no needs to install it before the build, AFAIK you can simply add it inside the build.extensions
of your project  parent pom if the extension is an AbstractMavenLifeCycleParticipant and override
the public void afterProjectsRead( MavenSession session ) and I guess from here, with the
help of the MavenSession [1], you can have access to anything you need to do other kind of
validations or even other things.

plugins to contribute validators that he'll validating their own configuration. Unfortunately
this is only possible using a maven extension (actually exactly the extension point you used).
I am and was getting a lot of support questions which would actually be easy to validate automatically
but are hard to guide humans through ;-)

check each jar for validator logic an use this it found and have them validate their own configuration.

to FlexMojos as a module and that extension could be extended to add features like rules and
suggestions regarding the plugin configuration ?

can be extended with rules and suggestions regarding the plugin configuration. If for example
someone uses deprecated config options or invalid ones, if someone uses bad practices etc.

to install the extension, what do you think ?

in order to release the lib. Copying would have to remain a manual task as I don't want to
modify the maven installation.

to deploy to your maven extension directory
a few years ago but he deleted my posts on this topic and refused to add that to flexmojos.
module? But only if you're interested in this.
copy the deployed extension into the lib/ext folder as done in Wagon maven plugin [2]

Validator extension is now configured. Please restart the build, and then it will be successful.")

is a maven extension which you have to deploy to your maven extension directory, our was there
a maven change that allows this as a plugin?

a few years ago but he deleted my posts on this topic and refused to add that to flexmojos.

module? But only if you're interested in this.

extension to get rid of the Maven warnings regarding the custom scopes [1].