flex-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: AW: [FlexMojos] Compatible Model Validator
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 15:26:12 GMT
> Unfortunately you will only prevent the warning messages. Still maven won't dresolve the
scopes correctly when it comes to transitive dependencies :-( rely shooting would make it
necessary do do greater changes in mavens inner workings. But it's still a lot better than
to have the errors all the time.
You're right, in more because my "builder" parent pom have their own lifecycles, I can't rely
on the copy-flex-resources goal to copy RSLs as it doesn't resolve (because it can't) the
RSLs but check directly in the poms, which is very bad when you have parameterized  the merge,
caching, rsl scopes, it finds only variables, thus, I wrote a groovy script which look at
the *-configs:xml dependencies and extract the rsls info from the them and copy them to the
"rsls" dir defined by the user, it seems a lot of work but it is not, moreover, at compile
time, I ask FM to generate a classifier for each environment I need to deploy to but here
again FM doesn't know how to manage custom classifiers and link-report, configs and size-report,
so, all in I had to rely on something else, this little groovy script for those interested
and the Maven conf after:
import groovy.util.XmlSlurper

import java.nio.file.Files;

def destinationDirectory = new File(project.properties.rslDestination)

if (!destinationDirectory.exists())
    destinationDirectory.mkdir()

project.dependencies.findAll{artifact -> artifact.getClassifier()== project.properties.configClassifier
&& artifact.getType()=='xml'}.each() {
    def artifact = it;
    println "Copying Flex resources for: " + artifact

    def configFile = new File(settings.localRepository + File.separator +
            artifact.groupId.replace(".", File.separator) + File.separator +
            artifact.artifactId + File.separator +
            artifact.version + File.separator +
            artifact.artifactId + "-" + artifact.version + "-" + project.properties.configClassifier
+ "." + artifact.type)

    def root = new XmlSlurper().parse(configFile)

    def rslPathNodes = root["runtime-shared-library-path"];

    rslPathNodes.each() {
        def rslPath = it["path-element"]
        def rslUrl = it["rsl-url"][0]

        def rslUrlString =  rslUrl.toString()
        def ext = rslUrlString.substring(rslUrlString.lastIndexOf("."));

        def originRslFile = new File(rslPath.toString().replace(".swc", ext));
        def destinationRslFile = new File(project.properties.rslDestination + File.separator
+ originRslFile.getName())

        if (!destinationRslFile.exists()) {
            println "Copying RSL : " + originRslFile.getAbsolutePath() + "to : " + destinationRslFile.getAbsolutePath()
            Files.copy(originRslFile.toPath(), destinationRslFile.toPath())
        } else println "Skiping RSL copy of : " + destinationRslFile.getAbsolutePath() + "
[Already exist]"
    }
}
    <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.gmaven</groupId>
        <artifactId>gmaven-plugin</artifactId>

        <executions>
            <execution>
                <id>copy-flex-resources</id>
                <phase>generate-resources</phase>
                <goals>
                    <goal>execute</goal>
                </goals>
                <configuration>
                    <properties>
                        <rslDestination>${project.build.outputDirectory}/rsls</rslDestination>
                        <configClassifier>${build.profile.id}-configs</configClassifier>
                    </properties>
                    <classpath>
                        <element>
                            <groupId>org.codehaus.groovy</groupId>
                            <artifactId>groovy-xml</artifactId>
                            <version>2.1.0-rc-2</version>
                        </element>
                    </classpath>
                    <source>${pom.basedir}/src/main/script/copyFlexResources.groovy</source>
                </configuration>
            </execution>
        </executions>
    </plugin>

<dependencies>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>com.*.blabla</groupId>
        <artifactId>Application</artifactId>
        <type>xml</type>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
        <groupId>com.*blabla</groupId>        <artifactId>Module</artifactId>
       <type>xml</type>
    </dependency>
</dependencies>

Frédéric THOMAS

> From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
> To: users@flex.apache.org
> Subject: AW: [FlexMojos] Compatible Model Validator
> Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 21:52:00 +0000
>
> Unfortunately you will only prevent the warning messages. Still maven won't dresolve
the scopes correctly when it comes to transitive dependencies :-( rely shooting would make
it necessary do do greater changes in mavens inner workings. But it's still a lot better than
to have the errors all the time.

> Chris
>
> Gesendet mit meinem HTC

before the build, for other kind of validations, you can still create your extension but no
needs to install it before the build, AFAIK you can simply add it inside the build.extensions
of your project  parent pom if the extension is an AbstractMavenLifeCycleParticipant and override
the public void afterProjectsRead( MavenSession session ) and I guess from here, with the
help of the MavenSession [1], you can have access to anything you need to do other kind of
validations or even other things.

> Or I didn't get well your point :-)
>
> Frédéric THOMAS
>
> [1] http://maven.apache.org/ref/3.2.3/maven-core/apidocs/org/apache/maven/execution/MavenSession.html
>
> > From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
> > To: users@flex.apache.org
> > Subject: AW: [FlexMojos] Compatible Model Validator
> > Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 19:16:59 +0000
> >
> > Well I was thinking of a logic integrated into maven that allows plugins to contribute
validators that he'll validating their own configuration. Unfortunately this is only possible
using a maven extension (actually exactly the extension point you used). I am and was getting
a lot of support questions which would actually be easy to validate automatically but are
hard to guide humans through ;-)

> > Let's say the logic would go through the plugins in the build and check each jar
for validator logic an use this it found and have them validate their own configuration.

> > Hope this explains what I was thinking of.
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > Gesendet mit meinem HTC

a module and that extension could be extended to add features like rules and suggestions regarding
the plugin configuration ?

> > Frédéric THOMAS
> >
> > > From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
> > > To: users@flex.apache.org
> > > Subject: AW: [FlexMojos] Compatible Model Validator
> > > Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 16:27:54 +0000
> > >
> > > Eventually a modular solution would be a good idea. One that can be extended
with rules and suggestions regarding the plugin configuration. If for example someone uses
deprecated config options or invalid ones, if someone uses bad practices etc.

> > > Chris
> > >
> > > Gesendet mit meinem HTC

the lib. Copying would have to remain a manual task as I don't want to modify the maven installation.

ago but he deleted my posts on this topic and refused to add that to flexmojos.
Velo :-)
extension into the lib/ext folder as done in Wagon maven plugin [2]

is now configured. Please restart the build, and then it will be successful.")

which you have to deploy to your maven extension directory, our was there a maven change that
allows this as a plugin?

ago but he deleted my posts on this topic and refused to add that to flexmojos.

rid of the Maven warnings regarding the custom scopes [1].