flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Blurry AIR App on Retina
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2014 19:29:31 GMT
I’ll take a look.  I have a Macbook Pro with Retina.

I have a feeling there is more to it than just this setting.  I have been
running the Apache Flex Installer I built and it has an -app.xml with
requestedDisplayResolution commented out and I don’t see blurry visuals.

Are you running these apps with the runtime baked in or via adl?  Could
you be launching some other version of adl?

Remember that Flash/AIR rendering is done via scan-line conversion.  That
means that the set of vectors on the display list are visited for every
output pixel.  I’m sure there are optimizations in there, but if you have
to compute 4 times as many pixels, that might add up to something,
possibly even the cpu utilization when the app is drawing an animation.

We have a descriptor-template in templates/air/ in the SDK folder.  I
always thought FB used that one.  We could teach the installer to not copy
the one from the AIR kit, but first I want to make sure that this is truly
the root of the problem, and that it won’t be gpu/cpu intensive to default
to rendering times as many pixels.

-Alex