flex-users mailing list archives

From Deepak MS <megharajdee...@gmail.com>
Subject How to avoid sorting on click of headerrenderer?
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 09:30:08 GMT
Hey guys,
I have a Datagrid with first column being a custom itemrenderer with a
check box, a box(to display color) and then a label.

I am using headererRenderer too for that column, but with a check box and a
button. The header's check box is used to check\uncheck all items in the
datagrid.

When I click on headererenderer's button or checkbox, the data is getting
sorted in the grid. I don't want to do sort when I click on any item in
headerenderer, I want to sort it only when user clicks on header apart from
that button and checkbox.

I tried to stop event propogation, but always header release event is
triggered first than headerrenderer's button or check box click. So stop
propagation wont work.

Is there anyway to avoid sorting on click of headerrenderer item? I'm using
Flex 3.6.

Cheers!