flex-users mailing list archives

From H├ęctor A <neverbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex Mobile font looks bolder in Label...
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 12:35:19 GMT
The standard skin uses StageText, which is a native control, not a
Flex/Flash one, it is faster on big amounts of text and allows to set
keyboard types in input controls among other things, but it doesn't allow
for embedded fonts as you've found out, plus being a native control it
stays over other content. For iOS there is a way of using embedded fonts
modifying the descriptor file and packaging your font, but it's not
possible for Android unless you make your own ANE with text controls.

Why is it the default? TextArea (and of course TextInput), are mainly meant
to be used for entering text, so it makes sense to use it there.