flex-users mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Flex Client-Server Messaging Howto, BlazeDS, GraniteDS, Websockets
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 22:04:38 GMT
Depending on the amount of Release Candidates we need I think it should be pretty soon. I wanted
to initiate the RC, but thought that we'd better get Flex 4.14 out the door and I didn't want
to strain people with another Release Candidate ... but if all goes well, I would expect the
first Apache release within a month or so ... you can already use the SNAPSHOTS ... we already
publish nightly snapshots of BlazeDS, if you want to start using it right away.
http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/flex/blazeds/

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: shaack [mailto:shaack@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. Dezember 2014 14:09
An: users@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Flex Client-Server Messaging Howto, BlazeDS, GraniteDS, Websockets

OK, there will be a release of BlazeDS in the future. But my question is more like what is
the best way of doing client-server messaging with Flex?

The only sense to use libraries like Blaze or Granite would be, if there would be no standard
messaging support in Flex. Standard, for me means to use Spring 4 Websockets, STOMP and JSON
or AMF. Or, is BlazeDS THE standard of messaging or GraniteDS? I used socket.io with javascript
and it worked, was easy to use. What is the socket.io of Flex?