flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject Re: AW: how to updateDisplayList() in custom headerRenderer? (help!)
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2014 20:06:21 GMT
Thanks Olaf,

I tried to implement by making a public bindable variable "myCondition" in the header renderer
and then binding it to the TextInput text property (e.g. <s:TextInput text="{myCondition}".../>).

but I get the same results -- the variable myCondition is correctly transferred to the header
renderer the FIRST time it is created, but after that, changes to variable myCondition in
the main application do not show up in the header. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

----- Original Message -----

From: "Olaf Krüger" <OKrueger@edscha.com>
To: "users, apache" <users@flex.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 1, 2014 6:59:35 AM
Subject: AW: how to updateDisplayList() in custom headerRenderer? (help!)

If your question is "How to pass additional data to an item renderer" this could work for
you:
(Take a look at the links to understand how it works)

/**
* Pass additional data to a Renderer
*
* @see http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/mx/core/ClassFactory.html

* @see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/528796/flex-sending-a-parameter-to-a-custom-itemrenderer

*/
public static function createHeaderRenderer (renderer:Class, myCondition:Number):IFactory

{
var factory:ClassFactory = new ClassFactory(renderer);
factory.properties = { myCondition: myCondition };
return factory;
}

…
<s:GridColumn headerRenderer="{createHeaderRenderer(MyHeaderRenderer, myCondition)}"/>

…