flex-users mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: [FlexMojos] Compatible Model Validator
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:56:55 GMT
Ah ... you use it to auto-install the lib ... I thought it were an alternative to copying to
the lib/ext directory.

Chris

Von: Frédéric THOMAS <webdoublefx@hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Dezember 2014 11:22
An: users@flex.apache.org
Betreff: RE: AW: [FlexMojos] Compatible Model Validator

Hi Chris,
> I remember a post of you using the extensions inside the pom ... as far as I understood
the thing this only works for adding wagon providers to maven. > http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-using-extensions.html
Not only, "and plug-ins which provide lifecycle enhancements" from the same source, which
is what I do, one of the component has a role = AbstractMavenLifecycleParticipant.class, I
use it to install the extension.

Frédéric THOMAS

> From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
> To: users@flex.apache.org
> Subject: AW: [FlexMojos] Compatible Model Validator
> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 08:57:16 +0000
>
> Well after about 2 Weeks of not being able to invest one second in Flex & FlexMojos
today I'll be able to :-)

> One thing th Flexmojos FlexJS support is currently still lacking, is that Flexmojos enforces
some rules on the poms. I will have to greatly change these and will probably add my configuration
validation support in there. I remember a post of you using the extensions inside the pom
... as far as I understood the thing this only works for adding wagon providers to maven.
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-using-extensions.html

> Chris

:-( have given up going that road. They're pretty stubborn when it comes to changes for non-java
projects :-(

> Gesendet mit meinem HTC

some of the Maven internal classes to try to address that thru this plugin, my time is limited
and still have to implement the integration tests but in case it works with this plugin, I
thing it could with FM, let's see...

> Frédéric THOMAS
>
> > From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
> > To: users@flex.apache.org
> > Subject: AW: [FlexMojos] Compatible Model Validator
> > Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 09:24:14 +0000
> >
> > Well in order to address this issue I was planning on automatically processing the
dependencies in a flex project and to have flexmojos add direct rsl scoped deps for transitive
dependencies. Should make the copy rsl goal work correctly.

> > Unfortunately my motivation investing my time in flex is currently at an all time
low. Perhaps I'll look into this during the Christmas holidays.

> > Chris
> >
> > Gesendet mit meinem HTC

dresolve the scopes correctly when it comes to transitive dependencies :-( rely shooting would
make it necessary do do greater changes in mavens inner workings. But it's still a lot better
than to have the errors all the time.
> > You're right, in more because my "builder" parent pom have their own lifecycles,
I can't rely on the copy-flex-resources goal to copy RSLs as it doesn't resolve (because it
can't) the RSLs but check directly in the poms, which is very bad when you have parameterized
 the merge, caching, rsl scopes, it finds only variables, thus, I wrote a groovy script which
look at the *-configs:xml dependencies and extract the rsls info from the them and copy them
to the "rsls" dir defined by the user, it seems a lot of work but it is not, moreover, at
compile time, I ask FM to generate a classifier for each environment I need to deploy to but
here again FM doesn't know how to manage custom classifiers and link-report, configs and size-report,
so, all in I had to rely on something else, this little groovy script for those interested
and the Maven conf after:
> > import groovy.util.XmlSlurper
> >
> > import java.nio.file.Files;
> >
> > def destinationDirectory = new File(project.properties.rslDestination)
> >
> > if (!destinationDirectory.exists())
> >     destinationDirectory.mkdir()
> >
> > project.dependencies.findAll{artifact -> artifact.getClassifier()== project.properties.configClassifier
&& artifact.getType()=='xml'}.each() {
> >     def artifact = it;
> >     println "Copying Flex resources for: " + artifact
> >
> >     def configFile = new File(settings.localRepository + File.separator +
> >             artifact.groupId.replace(".", File.separator) + File.separator +
> >             artifact.artifactId + File.separator +
> >             artifact.version + File.separator +
> >             artifact.artifactId + "-" + artifact.version + "-" + project.properties.configClassifier
+ "." + artifact.type)

> >     def root = new XmlSlurper().parse(configFile)
> >
> >     def rslPathNodes = root["runtime-shared-library-path"];
> >
> >     rslPathNodes.each() {
> >         def rslPath = it["path-element"]
> >         def rslUrl = it["rsl-url"][0]
> >
> >         def rslUrlString =  rslUrl.toString()
> >         def ext = rslUrlString.substring(rslUrlString.lastIndexOf("."));
> >
> >         def originRslFile = new File(rslPath.toString().replace(".swc", ext));
> >         def destinationRslFile = new File(project.properties.rslDestination + File.separator
+ originRslFile.getName())

> >         if (!destinationRslFile.exists()) {
> >             println "Copying RSL : " + originRslFile.getAbsolutePath() + "to : "
+ destinationRslFile.getAbsolutePath()
> >             Files.copy(originRslFile.toPath(), destinationRslFile.toPath())
> >         } else println "Skiping RSL copy of : " + destinationRslFile.getAbsolutePath()
+ " [Already exist]"
> >     }
> > }
> >     <plugin>
> >         <groupId>org.codehaus.gmaven</groupId>
> >         <artifactId>gmaven-plugin</artifactId>
> >
> >         <executions>
> >             <execution>
> >                 <id>copy-flex-resources</id>
> >                 <phase>generate-resources</phase>
> >                 <goals>
> >                     <goal>execute</goal>
> >                 </goals>
> >                 <configuration>
> >                     <properties>
> >                         <rslDestination>${project.build.outputDirectory}/rsls</rslDestination>
> >                         <configClassifier>${build.profile.id}-configs</configClassifier>
> >                     </properties>
> >                     <classpath>
> >                         <element>
> >                             <groupId>org.codehaus.groovy</groupId>
> >                             <artifactId>groovy-xml</artifactId>
> >                             <version>2.1.0-rc-2</version>
> >                         </element>
> >                     </classpath>
> >                     <source>${pom.basedir}/src/main/script/copyFlexResources.groovy</source>
> >                 </configuration>
> >             </execution>
> >         </executions>
> >     </plugin>
> >
> > <dependencies>
> >     <dependency>
> >         <groupId>com.*.blabla</groupId>
> >         <artifactId>Application</artifactId>
> >         <type>xml</type>
> >     </dependency>
> >
> >     <dependency>
> >         <groupId>com.*blabla</groupId>        <artifactId>Module</artifactId>
       <type>xml</type>
> >     </dependency>
> > </dependencies>
> >
> > Frédéric THOMAS
> >
> > > From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
> > > To: users@flex.apache.org
> > > Subject: AW: [FlexMojos] Compatible Model Validator
> > > Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 21:52:00 +0000
> > >
> > > Unfortunately you will only prevent the warning messages. Still maven won't
dresolve the scopes correctly when it comes to transitive dependencies :-( rely shooting would
make it necessary do do greater changes in mavens inner workings. But it's still a lot better
than to have the errors all the time.

> > > Chris
> > >
> > > Gesendet mit meinem HTC

be install before the build, for other kind of validations, you can still create your extension
but no needs to install it before the build, AFAIK you can simply add it inside the build.extensions
of your project  parent pom if the extension is an AbstractMavenLifeCycleParticipant and override
the public void afterProjectsRead( MavenSession session ) and I guess from here, with the
help of the MavenSession [1], you can have access to anything you need to do other kind of
validations or even other things.

> > > Or I didn't get well your point :-)
> > >
> > > Frédéric THOMAS
> > >
> > > [1] http://maven.apache.org/ref/3.2.3/maven-core/apidocs/org/apache/maven/execution/MavenSession.html

to contribute validators that he'll validating their own configuration. Unfortunately this
is only possible using a maven extension (actually exactly the extension point you used).
I am and was getting a lot of support questions which would actually be easy to validate automatically
but are hard to guide humans through ;-)

each jar for validator logic an use this it found and have them validate their own configuration.

as a module and that extension could be extended to add features like rules and suggestions
regarding the plugin configuration ?

be extended with rules and suggestions regarding the plugin configuration. If for example
someone uses deprecated config options or invalid ones, if someone uses bad practices etc.

the extension, what do you think ?

order to release the lib. Copying would have to remain a manual task as I don't want to modify
the maven installation.

to your maven extension directory
few years ago but he deleted my posts on this topic and refused to add that to flexmojos.
But only if you're interested in this.
the deployed extension into the lib/ext folder as done in Wagon maven plugin [2]

extension is now configured. Please restart the build, and then it will be successful.")

maven extension which you have to deploy to your maven extension directory, our was there
a maven change that allows this as a plugin?

few years ago but he deleted my posts on this topic and refused to add that to flexmojos.

But only if you're interested in this.

to get rid of the Maven warnings regarding the custom scopes [1].