flex-users mailing list archives

From CodeGirl <MichelleNicho...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Bubbling to a Grandparent
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 15:56:20 GMT
In my example, I am not using a web service, but in my real code I am.   the
problem with dispatching the event in the mxml file is that there is no
guarantee the web service has returned the new id when creating a new
record.   hence why I have it being dispatched in the aAs.as file when
supposedly, the new id number should be returned on the result event.
Though for some reason, its not there like it should and how it was when I
did everything in the mxml file prior to moving my code to the actionscript
file hence why there is a second question posted as to why my result does
not contain the result.