flex-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Monnier <jo...@positronic.fr>
Subject Re: Flex web and mobile project
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2014 10:31:47 GMT
Hello,

> Hey Guys,
> There is a new project coming in and the main need is to maintain same code
> base for both web and an ipad app. It's basically a dashoard with 4 to 5
> views(Bar charts\line charts\datagrids\dropdowns\skinning).
>
> Obviously I need to create a web project and a mobile project in flex. I'm

I'm currently working on a mobile/desktop app that uses only one
flashbuilder project (non flex but I think it's the same).
The trick is to compile with ANT to define target, config to load...

You can then detect target at runtime, or use compilation contants (defined
in ANT)...

planning to use TabNavigator in web and TabbedViewNavigator in mobile. But
> the views that I would use in both the projects needs to be common. So that
> maintainance would be easier.
>

> Are there any best practices? How do I go about it? Kindly suggest. Will
> library help?

An other solution is to use a Flex Library Project for your common code.

Jonas