flex-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Devesh Mishra(NABFS00)" <devesh.dmis...@igate.com>
Subject RE: String to ByteArray
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2014 09:56:10 GMT
Thanks Alex, it's working now by your given solution.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Devesh Mishra

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:14 PM
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: String to ByteArray

It is always a good idea to try to show the code you tried (without posting a too much code).

Sounds like you actually tried ByteArray.writeUTFBytes instead of

var ba:ByteArray = new ByteArray()
ba.writeUTFBytes(someString);

-Alex

On 11/26/14, 8:24 AM, "Devesh Mishra(NABFS00)" <devesh.dmishra@igate.com>
wrote:

>I tried, but it seems that complier is unable to find writeUTFBytes() 
>method.
>It says, Call to a possibly undefined method writeUTFBytes through a 
>reference with static type Class.
>
>Flex SDK: 4.6
>AIR Version: 15.0.0.293
> 
>--
>Thanks & Regards,
>Devesh Mishra
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
>Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 9:47 PM
>To: users@flex.apache.org
>Subject: Re: String to ByteArray
>
>Base64Decoder expects Base64 text format.
>Base64Encoder would convert your String to Base64 text format, but that 
>doesn’t seem very efficient.
>ByteArray.writeUTFBytes will add the String to the ByteArray.
>
>Does that help?
>-Alex
>
>On 11/26/14, 3:37 AM, "Devesh Mishra(NABFS00)" 
><devesh.dmishra@igate.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am trying to get byteArray from a String using below code. But 
>>getting an error.
>>
>>var _strEncode:String = "Sample String"; var _byteArr:ByteArray = new 
>>ByteArray(); var decoder:Base64Decoder = new Base64Decoder(); 
>>decoder.decode(_strEncode); _byteArr = decoder.toByteArray();
>>
>>Error: A partial block (1 of 4 bytes) was dropped. Decoded data is 
>>probably truncated!
>>
>>Any Help !
>>
>>--
>>Thanks & Regards,
>>Devesh Mishra
>>
>>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Disclaimer~~
>>~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential 
>>and proprietary to IGATE and its affiliates and is intended for use 
>>only by the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are 
>>hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use 
>>of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you are requested to delete 
>>this e-mail immediately and notify the originator or 
>>mailadmin@igate.com <mailto:mailadmin@igate.com>. IGATE does not enter 
>>into any agreement with any party by e-mail. Any views expressed by an 
>>individual do not necessarily reflect the view of IGATE. IGATE is not 
>>responsible for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of 
>>information provided, through this email. The contents of an 
>>attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses, which could damage your own
computer system.
>>While IGATE has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this 
>>risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a 
>>result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks 
>>before opening an attachment. To know more about IGATE please visit 
>>www.igate.com <http://www.igate.com>.
>>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Disclaimer~~~
>~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential 
>and proprietary to IGATE and its affiliates and is intended for use 
>only by the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are 
>hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of 
>this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you are requested to delete this 
>e-mail immediately and notify the originator or mailadmin@igate.com 
><mailto:mailadmin@igate.com>. IGATE does not enter into any agreement 
>with any party by e-mail. Any views expressed by an individual do not 
>necessarily reflect the view of IGATE. IGATE is not responsible for the 
>consequences of any actions taken on the basis of information provided, 
>through this email. The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may 
>contain software viruses, which could damage your own computer system.
>While IGATE has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this 
>risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a 
>result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks 
>before opening an attachment. To know more about IGATE please visit 
>www.igate.com <http://www.igate.com>.
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Disclaimer~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential and proprietary to IGATE
and its affiliates and is intended for use only by the recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you are requested to delete this e-mail immediately
and notify the originator or mailadmin@igate.com <mailto:mailadmin@igate.com>. IGATE
does not enter into any agreement with any party by e-mail. Any views expressed by an individual
do not necessarily reflect the view of IGATE. IGATE is not responsible for the consequences
of any actions taken on the basis of information provided, through this email. The contents
of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses, which could damage your own
computer system. While IGATE has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk,
we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening an attachment. To know more about
IGATE please visit www.igate.com <http://www.igate.com>.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mime
View raw message