flex-users mailing list archives

From DavidM <dmos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stopping a new browser window from opening every time I compile
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 20:42:39 GMT
Mark, it's a common pattern in the javascript world, the idea is for the
browser to refresh whenever there is a change in a dependency.

The steps in my workaround, above, will allow you to just keep one browser
tab open, and have it automatically refresh when the swf is recompiled
(which happens automatically in FB when you save a file).

Apart from not having hundreds of new browser windows, you can also keep the
developer tools window open, and even preserve logs between refreshes.

If you add in the ability for your application to react to external state,
then you can consistently drive the app into a consistent state
automatically, which saves you having to do it manually - that's a longer
discussion though, and this probably isn't the best place to put it.

David