flex-users mailing list archives

From DavidM <dmos...@gmail.com>
Subject Firebase and Flex
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 00:31:44 GMT

Hi, we have a real-time Flex application communicating with a NodeJS backend
via the javascript-actionscript bridge and the Faye javascript client
library.

This has worked perfectly for the past several years, falling back
seamlessly from websockets to long polling, etc., as needed.

We're now using Firebase (acquired by Google last week), which also uses a
modified version of Faye.

I'm somewhat surprised to see that Firebase doesn't have a native
actionscript library, so our plan is, again, to use the javascript /
actionscript bridge to communicate with Firebase's javascript client library
in the browser.

We've been out of the Flex world for some time - are there any known issues
with this approach?

Have newer players changed the way in which this works?

Does anyone have experience with using Firebase like this, or differently?

Thanks

David