flex-users mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: Showcase for IOs and Android skins?
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2014 20:26:38 GMT
On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 7:24 PM, Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Am I right thinking these skins will be available out-of-the-box in the
> next Flex release?
> If yes when it will be released?
> If no is there any howto use them? (simple example project would be
> extremely helpful :) )

Yes, the plan is to release the new Android 4.x skins (and hopefully the
iOS7+ skins) in the next release.

In the meantime, if you want to try out the skins, you can download the
nightly version of the sdk by following these steps:

1.  Go to flex.apache.org/installer.html
2.  Download the Installer
3.  Right click on the Installer and select 'Show Dev Builds'
4.  In the Select Flex Version dropdown, select 'Apache Flex SDK Nightly'
5.  After the SDK is installed, point your current Flex Mobile project to
the new Flex SDK
6.  Just re-compile your Flex mobile project and run it on an Android with
OS version greater than 4.0
You should see the new skins in your app running on your phone.

By default, you will not see the news Android skins when running the app on
the AIR Simulator.  To see it in the AIR Simulator, follow these steps:

1.  Add  -includes=mx.utils.AndroidPlatformVersionOverride to your Flex
Mobile project's Flex Compiler arguments
2.  Recompile and run your app in the AIR Simulator.
You should the new skins in your app running the AIR Simulator.

Thanks,
Om