flex-users mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Flex product
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:28:41 GMT
I took a quick look. Very nicely done!

It seems like a great fit for an AIR tablet app as well.

On Oct 23, 2014, at 12:05 AM, Scott Matheson <smatheson@intralinks.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>         I just want to thank the community for your help from time to time when I was
in my dark places, after 2 years of part time development we have completed our port of a
desk top tool we have been developing for 16 years to Flex (well almost we still working on
small bit).

> Our goal is to teacher Reading to the hard to reach, this is a charity project, in the
UK we are used in 1000 schools, teaching upward of 10,000 student / adults, we are also in
30 UK prisons  www.unitsofsound.net

> If you have a community school in you area, and would like to know more, we are looking
for (free of charge) pilot sites in the US.

> Units of Sound V6, Units of Sound is a structured, cumulative and multisensory programme
to teach reading and spelling that involves a high level of independent work by the student.
Each ‘unit of sound’ (or phonic code) is introduced separately, then used in word blocks,
then sentences.  UofS is now available in UK and US English, with Canadian veriation to follow
soon