flex-users mailing list archives

From "Devesh Mishra(NABFS00)" <devesh.dmis...@igate.com>
Subject RE: New Flex product
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:32:43 GMT
Great work Scott, especially in terms of look & feel !

It's difficult to identify that it's a flex project, until you right click on page :)

--
Thanks & Regards,
Devesh Mishra

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Matheson [mailto:smatheson@intralinks.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:05 AM
To: <users@flex.apache.org>
Subject: Re: New Flex product

Air app is the next phase, look out for my emails

I should have said, UofS has 15,000 actor voiced sounds clips, 600 lessons,

Sent from my iPad

> On 22 Oct 2014, at 22:29, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I took a quick look. Very nicely done!
>
> It seems like a great fit for an AIR tablet app as well.
>
>> On Oct 23, 2014, at 12:05 AM, Scott Matheson <smatheson@intralinks.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All
>>        I just want to thank the community for your help from time to time when I
was in my dark places, after 2 years of part time development we have completed our port of
a desk top tool we have been developing for 16 years to Flex (well almost we still working
on small bit).

>> Our goal is to teacher Reading to the hard to reach, this is a charity project, in
the UK we are used in 1000 schools, teaching upward of 10,000 student / adults, we are also
in 30 UK prisons  www.unitsofsound.net

>> If you have a community school in you area, and would like to know more, we are looking
for (free of charge) pilot sites in the US.

>> Units of Sound V6, Units of Sound is a structured, cumulative and multisensory programme
to teach reading and spelling that involves a high level of independent work by the student.
Each 'unit of sound' (or phonic code) is introduced separately, then used in word blocks,
then sentences.  UofS is now available in UK and US English, with Canadian veriation to follow
soon

>> I have setup a test user
>>
>> preview.unitsofsound.com
>> user:FlexUS  Password:flex   for you ammericans
>> user:FlexUK  Password:flex   for the rest of you
>>
>> let me know what you think
>>

>> Scott
>>

>> ________________________________
>>
>> Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this email, and destroy all copies of this email and any attachments. Thank you.

________________________________

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Disclaimer~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential and proprietary to IGATE
and its affiliates and is intended for use only by the recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you are requested to delete this e-mail immediately
and notify the originator or mailadmin@igate.com <mailto:mailadmin@igate.com>. IGATE
does not enter into any agreement with any party by e-mail. Any views expressed by an individual
do not necessarily reflect the view of IGATE. IGATE is not responsible for the consequences
of any actions taken on the basis of information provided, through this email. The contents
of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses, which could damage your own
computer system. While IGATE has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk,
we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening an attachment. To know more about
IGATE please visit www.igate.com <http://www.igate.com>.