flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Weird bug when an unrelated skin class is present in an RSL (?!?)
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 19:37:17 GMT

On 9/5/14 12:22 PM, "Nigel Magnay" <nigel.magnay@gmail.com> wrote:

>What's weird (to me) though is the fact the class that breaks it in the
>RSL
>isn't ever used in the SWF (you can remove the reference to the library
>and
>it works fine). There's just something about even mentioning a class that
>seems to break something. :-?

I haven't looked closely.  Isn't MenuEvent used by Spark Menu/MenuBar?

In theory, classes are initialized "on-demand" so it shouldn't matter what
RSL a class belongs to as long as it is in the applicationDomain before it
is needed by some other class, but there could be some code somewhere that
causes the AS VM to go looking for that class sooner than expected and
either find it missing, or finds an incompatible or broken version.  If
missing you should get a verify error, though.

-Alex