flex-users mailing list archives

From jude <flexcapaci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clickable images
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:00:26 GMT
Is what you are looking for similar to an HTML image map? If so there's a
component for it in flexlib,
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/535003/image-map-in-flex.

Alex, I've been surprised by how powerful Spark skinning is and I still
don't think people are realizing how they can use it. It was and is a
newish paradigm that many Flex devs haven't fully explored IMHO.

In this case you would have a custom SkinnableContainer with your custom
skin. In the skin you would have the background image and the clickable
images (Spark Image instances with unique ID's?). Then in the custom
SkinnableContainer you would override the addPart handler and add listeners
for each clickable image. Does this make sense or am I over complicating
it?