flex-users mailing list archives

From jude <flexcapaci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MXML Vs WAXML - WOOZ SDK
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2014 21:39:45 GMT
For HTML/CSS/JS I would much rather use AS and MXML and use FlexJS to
output to HTML than write in HTML, JS and CSS. In this case, you have the
best tooling and support and then can output that to HTML. I think FlexJS
will make a big splash once it matures and web devs see what it can do.

BTW Alex, with HTML development there is a lot of mashing together of
server side and client side code. One thing to consider is server side and
client side multi-language support.

For example, some developers will do something like this:

<?php

if ($something) {
?>
<input label="Submit" type="button"></input>
<?php
}
?>

It can get really messy. So we might want to add support for something
like:

<s:Script runAt="server">
   // some PHP code that updates the URL, fragment or flashvars
</s:Script>

and show examples using states. We can discuss this more but I think we
should come up with a set of examples that show how to use FlexJS and MXML
/ AS to get and send calls rather than the traditional reload the page
model. That was a shift in thinking when I started with Flex. I've read
articles about Twitter and other companies doing things that were
breakthrough in speed and performance that Flex was doing since version 2.
It made me appreciate what we have but also realize these methods are not
well known.