flex-users mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVG/SWF to FXG Converter
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2014 00:49:12 GMT

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Photos_Graphics/Web_Graphics/Macromedia_Flash/Q_28213225.html

> Om, there are XML processors in almost all the browsers. Do you know is it
> only Webkit that has an XSLT processor or do others as well? I'm thinking
> if what you guys are talking about would run in the browser.

I know that XSLT works on Safari(webkit) and Firefox.  Google has declared
a an intent to remove it from their Blink engine.

I believe you need to do some ActiveX calls for IE.

Thanks,
Om

> For example, this JS function is used to create an XML document:
>
>                     // IE
>                     if (window.ActiveXObject) {
>                         var xmlDoc = new
ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/illustrator/sdk/CC2014/Illustrator%20Scripting%20Reference%20-%20AppleScript.pdf

> > Then add an additional code line in the AppleScript to call the
> > 'svg2fxg.xls' (included in the app source code) just the same way I did
by
> > using 'xsltproc‘.
> >

> > I will see to add some (silent) command line arguments to the converter
as
> > well together with a Win/Mac version.

> > Am 05.09.2014 um 21:32 schrieb Sascha Ahrend <sahrend@icloud.com>:
> >

> > > I meant to convert the swf to fxg after.
> > >
> > > Yes, of course there is dependencies. It's rather meant as a
workaround.

> > > Rgds.,
> > >
> > > Sascha

It