flex-users mailing list archives

From Sascha Ahrend <sahr...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: SVG/SWF to FXG Converter
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 19:05:59 GMT
Hi Om,

thank you for your answer. I really appreciate.

> Any chance you will be willing to donate
> it to Apache Flex so that we can have the community work on it and make it
> better?

If you find it worthwhile, it would be an honor.
Most of the logic was openly available anyway.

> Webkit comes with an XSLT converter, so it should be pretty straightforward
> to make this tool cross-platform when used with AIR.

Now, that’s good news then.
I’m am happy to be surprised once more, how powerful Flex really is.

There is still a lot of room for improving the converter.
Not just a building Win/Mac version, but also on the conversion methods themselves.

> Any thoughts on creating an plugin/extension for Illustrator CC?  It would
> be a great feature to have this integrated into the workflow.

Sorry, the last time I tried something like that was with Flash MX 2004, so I guess there
is better people to ask ;-)

I am looking forward to your feedback,

Sascha