flex-users mailing list archives

From Krüger, Olaf <OKrue...@edscha.com>
Subject AW: MXML Vs WAXML - WOOZ SDK
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 08:51:49 GMT

> BTW Alex, with HTML development there is a lot of mashing together of server side and
client side code
I still using Apache Flex for current projects and love it, but I also try to follow the current
HTML5/JS development intensively.
And I think everyone should recognize that a lot of things are on the move there, exciting
things!
What I'd like to say is that what you've described as HTML ( and PHP) development is a bit
old fashioned and has not so much to do with state-of-the-art web development.
So comparing HTML,JS or whatever with Flex to highlight the pros of Flex we should always
consider the current developments out there.
From my point of view "One-Page-JavaScript-Application" development using HTML5/JS only becomes
more and more reality and will be the future of web development, so Alex is completely on
the right track with FlexJS and focus on "single-url" apps.
It will exciting to see what role PHP will take in future. Perhaps the traditional way of
dividing (web) apps in frontend and backend by using different languages will be obsolete
someday.
http://hood.ie/  is one example for the "noBackend movement".

Olaf