flex-users mailing list archives

From 3rgqrm...@sneakemail.com
Subject RE: Links with UNC path names stops working in Flash Player 14
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 20:55:09 GMT
I believe I am experiencing the same problem, or one very similar to it.  We have FlexUnit
tests that access resources via HTTP on a server different from the one hosting the test SWF.
 I was using Flash Player version 11.8 previously, and these tests worked fine without any
special setup.  I recently upgraded the player/plugin to 14.0, and then the problems started.
Each URL access appears to throw a SecurityErrorEvent with ErrorID=2048 (pop-up dialog).
This is a release player (PepperFlash is all we have on Linux now), so I don't have a stack
trace or much debugging information.

Like "gpi" said, I also tried using the global security settings to "always allow" access,
but it did not help.  I would welcome any help with this.  Suggestions?

Thanks,
Trevor

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, September 08, 2014 8:39 AM
To: Trevor Butler; users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Links with UNC path names stops working in Flash Player 14

When I'm trying to click on link to file shared in my local network area I get an error message:

Error #2148. SWF file <http://path_to_my_swf> cannot access local resorce \\SERVER-NAME\Folder\File.ext.
Only local-with-filesystem and trusted local SWF files may access local resources.

This link is displaying by TextFlow and contain UNC Path like:
\\SERVER-NAME\Folder\File.ext

It always worked fine until uprgade Flash Player 12 to 14 (in Flash Player
12 it works OK).
I also tried add this SWF to "Trusted Location" in FP Plugin global settings, but still the
same.