flex-users mailing list archives

From tristan <tguenincha...@proginov.com>
Subject Working with softKeyBoard is not compatible with all platform targeting by air
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 09:14:21 GMT
Hi,

I want to explain you my multiple problems with keyboards on Apache Flex
13.0 & AIR 14.0 version.

We make an AIR application  with apache Flex, we are targeting Android, iOS
and Windows (not RT but windows PRO with touch-screen).

There are multiple cases:
1) softKeyBoard does not resize the view if you are using "direct" render
mode on both iOS and android with 'Pan' mode(depends of the skin used):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34517
=> we would like to use "direct" mode for performance

2) SoftKeyBoard does not appears on Windows 8 PRO and Windows 8.1 PRO
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34542 )
=> Today, we have to launch manually the file 'tapTip.exe' on Windows only
to show a keyBoard, but this is not native, not clear, and the screen is not
resizing

3) Cursor is not showed on iOS when not showing the native keyBoard
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33679)
=> It is impossible for the user to select something on the textInput in
this case

4) Events are not fired correctly on TextInput on iOS
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34178)
=> we can't migrate with stageTextInputSkin and choose the mode to show it
(numeric, phone ...)

5) preventDefault() is not working on iOS and Android, the keayboard appears
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34179)
=> same that for the 4)

I know all these bugs are mine, but I'm surprised that nobody else
encountered the same problems. We want to use Flex for our project, and
Direct mode for performance, but when you read all above, you realize that
it's difficult tu use correctly spark TextInput on multiple platforms