flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Debugging application with modules
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 05:01:54 GMT

On 8/5/14 6:02 PM, "mark goldin" <markzolotoy@gmail.com> wrote:

>Yes, that might be an issue. Here is how a project is structured. It has
>the main application file and a bunch of mxml files that are in fact
>modules. So, it's one single project with a number of modules. Can I
>specify whether each module is compiled with or without debugging info?
I think Flash Builder should be building them all as debug version if they
are all ending up in bin-debug.

The second most common problem is that the classes you are trying to debug
were loaded before the module was loaded and the classes were not a debug
version.  I would turn off the use of RSLs while debugging.

Next most common problem is that the module gets unloaded because nothing
is keeping it in memory.  The debugger may try to force GC more often and
kick the module out sooner.

Another potential problem is that the module is old and doesn't match the
source code.

You can try debugging with fdb.  It will halt every time a debuggable
module loads.  That's how I know a module was not built with debug info in
it.

-Alex