flex-users mailing list archives

From Kessler CTR Mark J <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil>
Subject RE: How do I to access data from objects created with addElement ?
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 16:14:42 GMT
Assign it an ID and reference it through that?

-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Irnbru [mailto:irnbruusa@live.com]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2014 11:49 AM
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: How do I to access data from objects created with addElement ?

So I have a very simple cutome component with two textInputs

I create these as needed dynamically using

siFormItem         = new FormItem(); // Add formItem
siFormAttrbt        = new lpSiComp(); // Custom Component
siFormItem.addElement(siFormAttrbt); // Add Custom component to formItem
siForm.addElement(siFormItem); // Add FormItem To form

Greate this works but now how do I get to the textinput data within the
CustomComponents

I get as far as

for (var i:int = 0; i < siForm.numElements; i++)
{
   var stringName:String = siForm.getElementAt(i) + "";
   var currentElement:IVisualElement = siForm.getElementAt(i);

   trace(currentElement);

   if (currentElement as FormItem)
   {
        trace ('Is a formItem');