flex-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Andreas <Andreas.Ulr...@formware.de>
Subject AW: Simple Database Architecture Suggestions Please
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:07:52 GMT
I think this is really not a matter of the database - it's much more a matter of the service
model (SOAP/REST/Remoting) and the programming environment you are going to implement your
backend with.
Choosing a database should be easy because of licensing and pricing terms. Usually you end
up with mysql /mariadb, PostgreSQL or Sqlite - if you are looking for a relational Database
mongoDB is not an option.

PHP is a common choice - also look at a Ruby/Sinatra combo...

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Tintin [mailto:1955.mille.miglia@googlemail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. August 2014 08:44
An: users@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Simple Database Architecture Suggestions Please

Thanks Scott for your thoughts.

Searching the web I am surprised how little there is on connecting a Flex application to a
database. I thought it would be a very well trodden path.
There are plenty of articles from 6 years ago or so but very little contemporary support.

One option appears to be to create a relational XML database and keep it very simple with
no server requirements at all.

PHP and MySQL appears to be an option and possibly MongoDB which you suggest.

Can anyone else suggest a really good relational database for connecting a Flex application
to?