flex-users mailing list archives

From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: AAC Audio Codec
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 21:18:18 GMT
  I assume you searched for AS3 AAC Encoder?
https://www.google.com/search?q=AS3+ACC+Codec&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

  Here is a commercial codec:

  http://www.mainconcept.com/products/plug-ins/plug-ins-for-adobe/aac-encoder-fmle.html

  Although it sounds like you need Flash Media Live Encoder.

  You may also try looking at "Alchemy" options to get a C library into
your app.

On 8/15/2014 3:06 PM, Matthew Weir wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I spent last night creating a module to publish video to YouTube Live, only to find out
that it only supports the AAC codec for audio.  From what I can find, Flash/Flex do not currently
offer this codec to the microphone.  Is this something that is dependent on Flashplayer itself?
 Can we do anything about it now that Apache has code access?  Or is it even worth the effort?
 Does anyone know a work around besides bouncing it off of a Wowza server (w/ audio transcoding)
to YouTube?

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur