flex-users mailing list archives

From DarrenEvans <darren.ev...@allocatesoftware.com>
Subject Using Adobe Scout to locate memory leak
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:06:26 GMT
Following on from my enabling advanced telemetry thread, I am now getting
lots of lovely information coming from Adobe Scout.

I've used this tool before quite successfully to remedy some performance
problems. However, using it to locate memory leaks is leaving me scratching
my head in confusion and frustration!

I'm looking in the "Memory Allocations" tab with "Hide Garbage Collected
Objects" turned on and there are hundreds of entries in there (I've selected
the whole frame timeline). The memory of the app just keeps on creeping up
and doesn't seem to ever come down by any significant factor (some very
small drops are seen). With the size of this app I'm just getting lost on
where to really begin.....

Are there any decent guides on how to use Adobe Scout for memory leak
detection?