flex-users mailing list archives

From storo84 <sebastiantor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Workaround to solve faulty verbose-stacktraces=true compiler parameter
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 15:49:22 GMT
Alex,

The app showed in the example is a desktop application which I thought would
work out of the box.

Now, I created a Flex web application and tried the same thing. Here is the
code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
			   xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"
			   minWidth="600" minHeight="600"
			   applicationComplete="applicationCompleteHandler(event)">

	<fx:Script>

	</fx:Script>

	<s:TextArea id="text" top="0" width="100%"/>

	<s:Button label="Generate Error"
			  click="this['foo'].holi = 'hola'"
			  bottom="0" width="100%"/>

</s:Application>

Next are the compiler options:
-locale en_US -swf-version=25 -verbose-stacktraces=true -debug=false

The following image shows the actual results:

<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n7716/actual_result-web.png>

I can't post the expected result since I don't have a Debug Flash Player
version.

As far as I can tell, this simply isn't working on any of the platforms,
being web, desktop or mobile. I would like to know how did Frédéric managed
to get it working. I'm inclined to think that he tried it on the Emulator,
which didn't had a problem.