flex-users mailing list archives

From leswoolsey <les.wool...@rogers.com>
Subject Help - trying to update Flash Builder 4.7 to flex 4.13
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 15:23:58 GMT
Help - I need to update to Flex 4.13 so I can submit my app to Apple but I
can't seem to do the update.
1. I tried the 4.13 installer.  I'm not sure what directory to specify but
it seems to require an empty directory so I just created a new directory
beside to old one (for now).  Then I select the required components and it
starts to work. But it fails with an error 2038 part way through.  No idea
why. I did look in the install log but it just said it had finished
unzipping a file and then reports the error 2038.

2. I tried to download the SDK binaries and replace the set in Flash Builder
from that. But when I open Flash Builder, it won't open my project. It comes
up with some errors about missing classes.  That jsut means it's missing
some pieces

I've googled and searched but all I can find are old instructions for how
top update Flash Builder to Adobe flex versions.  So that's not helpful.

If someone could PLEASE provide some instructions for how to update Flash
Builder 4.7 to Flex 4.13 (including what to download and from where), I
would be VERY greatful.

Thanks
Les